All You Need to Set Up a Successful Unisex Salon Business in Nigeria
Venturing into Salon Business is one of the best and lucrative business in Nigeria right now because it does not cost much and requires little capital to start. You can imagine a lady fixing hair at N3k and a guy cutting hair at N300 or more depending on the location.
Either a barbing salon or beauty salon for women pays a lot because it require no college degree to start one but a unique skill. Many youth are engaged in salon business and i must tell you that they are earning money doing this.
If you want to start a salon business either a beauty salon,barbing salon or both, its quite easy and you need to make some research which we are providing just to make sure the salon business did not wreck after some years.
1. Learn/Train : To start a salon business in some part of Africa like Nigeria, you need to learn how to cut/barb hair or make women hair with various styles, it doesn’t cost so much. It only requires few month and you gain freedom from that. You really need to go for traing or learn to make women’s hair or learn to give some nice hair cut.
2.Get Capital: During the course of learning, you can be keeping some fund or seek fund to start your salon business in any state of Nigeria. Friends and families,Credit Unions,Savings,Sales of Property etc can help raise capital to start your business but it depends on how big or small you want the size to be. Remember, the bigger the size, the higher the fund to start because of rent fee.
3. Location: What makes people excel in salon business especially in countries like Nigeria is the location. You really need to take your time to select the best location for this salon business. Location that are easily accessible, visible to people with reasonable parking space is okay for your salon business. Don’t go and get a space in a corner or remote areas for this kind of business, it may not work.
4. Design: For people to come asking for more of your services, you need to ensure your shop or centre has a very good design,neat with modern equipments. You also ensure to provide the best salon facilities with good layout. Germicides,anti dandruff,antiseptics,disinfectant,after shave etc should be provided.
5. Be Well Equipped: For you to have people coming back again and again, you will need to get all equipments necessary and offer any kind of service requested by the customer. People love to look good therefore can go any length to improve their beauty
6. Advertise the Business: This is easy, you need to make sure you advertise or give some publicity for your salon business. Nigeria is wide and well populated, don’t be surprise that there are many salon around you that’s why you need to make your salon business stand out from others. Just make a simple poster,billboard or a nice art work on the wall of the shop. It attracts people to come to your salon often and you make steady money.
7. Hygiene and General cleanliness : Cleanliness and hygiene is another factor overlooked, please ensure you have a handy cleaner or try to clean up your shop every time you finish barbing or at relative intervals and sterilize your equipments with the right sterilizing unit, never try to compromise your standard techniques for something lower, for example some barbers in West Africa use fire from a lighter to burn the blade of their clipper instead of using a sterilizing unit, so keep your hygiene standards up and classy and you will have your business booming in no time.
EQUIPMENTS YOU NEED
Hair Brushes and Combs
Having the right hair brushes and hairdressing combs is of utmost importance in a hair salon. Make sure you equip your salon with different types of combs and hairbrushes like round brush, square brush, paddle brush, rattail comb, wide-toothed comb, tail-end comb, etc.
Scissors and Hair Clippers
Equip your hair salon with the various hair clippers, hair clipper blades and hair scissors. You can ask your hairstylists for suggestions and recommendations on the types of scissors and clippers that they would like to use.
Hair Styling Chairs
This is the most basic furniture that you will require for your hair salon. You will find a variety of hair styling chairs that comes in different colors and forms. While choosing such chairs, make sure that they are functional and they match with the décor of the salon.
Hair Steamers/Hair Processors
Hair steamers are used for providing moisture to the hair and head after a head massage, especially during deep conditioning treatments and after application of hair dyes and hair colors. You can set it to different temperatures and a specified time limit. There are various makes and models of hair steamers available across different price points and you can choose one that best suits your need.
A hood dryer, also known as bonnet hood dryer is a domed shaped apparatus which is used for drying and setting hair. There are air vents in the inside of the dryer, which dispels hot air. Hood dryers offers an equal amount of heat for drying hair and are more useful than traditional blow dryers. It comes in different sizes to suit your needs.
A shampoo bowl is a sink that can be used conveniently for hair washing and hair conditioning. You will just need to seat the customer facing his/her back towards the shampoo bowl and carry out the required procedure. It comes with a drain system and a pump pedal that can be used to elevate or lower the level of the bowl.
Hair Styling Station
A hair styling station is another essential piece of furniture required for a salon. It should include a mirror, storage drawers, tool compartments or tool holders and an electrical outlet. There are various designs and amenities provided with the hair styling station that you can choose from.
Carts and Trolleys
No hair salon can become operable without trolleys and carts. These are essential furniture equipment for hairstylists who need to have all the styling tools right next to them while attending to a client. It enables easy storage and portability of the styling tools.
When your clients come to the salon, the first place that they see is the reception area. So, you will need a reception desk that is tasteful and impressive. You can choose a large reception desk or a somewhat smaller one. The size of the reception desk will depend on factors such as the layout of your salon, the size of your establishment and of course your budget. Rectangular desks are the most preferred as they are functional and make the best use of space. You can also choose round or oval desk.
Waiting Area Chairs
Not all clients can be attended to the minute they arrive at the salon. Clients might need to wait for a few minutes before their favorite stylist is free. So, you will require waiting area chairs for such clients. Waiting area seating can be either chairs or a couch. You can choose one according to the décor of the salon and your budget.
The post All You Need to Set Up a Successful Unisex Salon Business in Nigeria appeared first on Mobizone.
September 3, 2017 http://mobizone.ng/need-set-successful-unisex-salon-business-nigeria/
Powered by WPeMatico